We use a specialist system called Voyant™ for all our clients. It allows us to model how our clients’ finances may look like year by year into the future, and help answer their “big financial planning “what-ifs”… the really important questions, that are hard to answer. Because the system gives us and our clients such a clear financial picture, it normally flags up other financial planning questions as well. Some financial advisers could gloss over the planning stage, and may not use the right tools to do it properly. We believe it’s the most important element in the financial advice process.
Just some of the big "what ifs" we are asked:
- Will I run out of money in retirement (and if I’m going to, what can I do about it)
- When can I pack up work and focus on the things I want to do (age 50, age 51?)
- If I downshift to part time, how much do I need to earn to meet my lifestyle needs
- Will a family financial restructure meet my lifestyle objectives (and what are my options)
- How much can I gift to my children in my lifetime (and how)
- Will I be able to comfortably live off the proceeds of a house downsize or business sale.
- What would happen if I got too ill to work (and what can I do about it)
- How will things look financially after my divorce (and what should I put in place)
- What taxes am I paying and what can I do to mitigate them (now and down the line)
- And so on!